Vegetable “Smoothie” Recipe Ideas
Recipe 1: Spinach Smoothie with Apple
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 cups stemmed and chopped spinach or kale
- 1 apple – unpeeled, cored, and chopped
Combine the apple juice, spinach, apple and avocado in a blender and puree until smooth. Add water to reach the desired consistency!
Recipe 2: Ginger Orange Green Smoothie
- 1/2 cups filtered water
- 4 generous handfuls fresh spinach
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional)
- 2 oranges
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3-5cm knob of fresh ginger
- 1 cucumber (optional)
Rinse and prep veggies. If you have a high-powered blender, throw everything in and blend until smooth. If not, first blend the spinach and lettuce until smooth, then add the remaining ingredients and blend. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Recipe 3: Blueberry Mint Green Smoothie
- 1 cup spinach (This will blend better if you freeze it beforehand)
- 2 cups blueberry (can use 1 c. fresh and 1 c. frozen)
- 60g beetroot
- 1 kiwi
- 3-4 large mint leaves
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup ice
Put all ingredients in a blender and mix it up!
Recipe 4: Really Red Smoothie
- 2 Stalks (1 ½ cups) rhubarb OR spinach trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ medium red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup frozen/fresh strawberries
- 1 cup frozen/fresh raspberries
- ½ cup raspberry or strawberry sorbet – woolies slimmer’s choice (optional)
- 1 Cup Ice
1.In a small saucepan combine rhubarb, sweet pepper, and the water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until rhubarb and pepper are very tender. Stir in strawberries; let stand for 2 minutes (do not drain).
2.Transfer rhubarb mixture to a blender. Cover and blend until very smooth, stopping and scraping sides of blender as needed. Add raspberries. Cover and blend until smooth. If desired, strain mixture and return mixture to blender. Add sorbet. Cover and blend until smooth. If desired, add ice. Cover and blend until desired consistency, adding additional ice as needed.
3.Pour into tall glasses and serve immediately