Makes 15 muffins| Hands-On Time: 20min| Baking time: 20min
60g Baking margarine
125ml White sugar
125ml Brown sugar (trickle)
4 Bananas – finely mashed
5ml Vanilla essence
250ml Self raising flour
375ml Jungle oats
5ml Ginger powder
1. Cream sugar and butter together with an electric mixer.
2. Add eggs and mashed banana slowly while mixing.
3. Add vanilla essence and stop mixing.
4. Sift all dry ingredients together.
5. Stir into the banana mixture.
6. Scoop into a muffin tin and bake for 20minutes until golden brown.
1 Banana muffin = 2 Starch
PEA AND MINT SOUP
Makes 4 portions| Hands-On Time: 20m| Cook time: 25min
1 bunch spring onions – chopped
160g potato – diced
1 garlic clove – crushed
850ml vegetable stock
250g shelled peas
20g fresh mint – chopped
2ml caster sugar
15ml lemon juice
70ml plain low fat yoghurt.
1. Place spring onions, potato, garlic and stock into a large saucepan and bring to a boil
2. Simmer for 15minutes until potato is very soft.
3. Add the peas to the soup base and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the lemon, mint and sugar and cool slightly.
5. Use a liquidizer and whizz until smooth
6. Stir in 50ml of the plain yoghurt, season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve with an extra drop of plain yoghurt.
1 Serving = 1½ Starch + 1 Veg